Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A Day of Horror

Maddu returned from the departmental elections for the Class convener depressed and totally psyched. The reason, A.K. was elected the Class Convener! OMG! OMFG! People have gone totally crazy; Poltu has crossed its limits! Lucky I am no way related to it. The worse thing was he won unanimously, a totally unpredicted result. Poor Maddu was totally distraught.

But anyways keeping poltu aside, we went on to watch horror movies. The 1st one was Alone in the Dark, although it has a 2.0 rating on IMDB, it had some cool effects, no plot but it had Tara Reid in it!. Yum!. Directors have to stop making movies based on video games, this is a very good example showing how bad that can turn out to be.
When I went back to my room, the Ring 2 torrent finished downloading. The word spread and people flocked in to watch. It was goooood. I never expect much with sequels so I was surprised by this one. While it is not as good, or original as the first movie, it is no slouch and far better than the last horror movie I saw.

A few days ago, I read, a movie was in production based on Doom III, starring Johnson aka The Rock(WWF). At that time I was all happy, but Alone in the Dark has changed my perspective, now I just hope they dont screw it up, "Alone in the Dark style". It can either be as scary as Ring or as stupid as Alone in the Dark, we just have to wait and see. Doom 3 had a plot on the lines of Half life 1 but it was the scariest game ever.

More info on the Doom movie here :
IMDB
The Rock solidifies Doom movie role




Quote of the Day:
I've learned something, too: selling out is sweet because when you sell out, you get to make a lot of money, and when you have money, you don't have to hang out with a bunch of poor asses like you guys. Screw you guys, I'm going home. -Eric Cartman