Sunday, April 09, 2006

Návrat idiota

First off, please don’t think that I have stopped blogging again. Its just that I have been too busy the last week as I was staying at my aunt’s house. Although I had access to the net, I was very busy with other stuff. By the time, I reach home from college it is already 1800hrs and after that, I go to Gym, yes the GYM! I’m working out, again! As a Sunday treat, I came home to feel the monster, and believe me it feels good.

Virat and Arvind have been frequently reporting problems with their PCs. Virat’s PC gave up a month ago when its motherboard fried while he was browsing the internet. Soon after he got the replacement motherboard, his SMPS gave up. He said some capacitor was too big, or something on those lines. Still he is too conceited to accept that his PC is dead like all ours’, moreover he suggests to me to sell off the Monster (Which btw has not faced a single problem since the last windows install around 2 months ago). Coming to Arvind, his bad luck has not ended. There was a power failure when he was trying to flash the BIOS of the old pc and so that went dead. He roamed around the city looking for a reasonable chip-level service center where he could get that repaired. That went in vain and he decided to flash the bios again all by himself, which apparently worked. However, he said he was pitted against a blue screen, BSOD, every time he tried to install Windows XP after the bios update. I advised him to try Linux. Insane, yes, but it is the only way AFAIK.

All their problems are making me glad. All time I was suffering with the monster, they were laughing at monster and me. Now it is my turn to sit back and laugh at them and I think I am doing a great job until now.

The only thing that concerns me is that all three of us are facing similar problems with the root cause being the power. Arvind’s main PC had many problems until he bought an Antec SMPS and everything settled without a glitch. I believe, my problems are also due to the power inconsistencies and that a good SMPS like the Antec one can solve my problems too. However, Virat’s problem is beyond my comprehension, he has a light R9600 that barely consumes any power and is cooled by a passive heat sink. Whereas Arvind and I have power hungry 7800gt and 6800gts, both of which can consume up to 220W at max load and we think that they are the main culprits, because we put them on lame power supplies. A R9600 should not cause any voltage fluctuations even at max load, and so the problem might not be the R9600 but something else. I wonder what that could be.

Considering the number of problems we faced, the theories we developed, the causes we figured out and finally the time we put in to solve these problems, I think we can be considered the best troubleshooters, in the city at least. If we go commercial with this, the troubleshooting business, we can probably earn millions!

I also formatted my phone! It was sluggish and there was too much crap inside it to clean up one by one. It is now lightning fast and clean.

Quote of the Day

Mr. Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
Cartman: When you are tying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.