Friday, January 20, 2006

IIIT! Here we come!

Well, not exactly, we are only two. We dont have a clan and we suck ballz at CSCZ (We = me+Virat). If you are wondering what the hell I'm talking about, take a look at the comment to the previous post. I got invited to the IIIT fest this year (no idea who that was :| ). Finding players is not a big issue, but finding good ones is going to be hard. CSCZ is a team game, and as a member of a clan, one needs to know everything about his team mates, their weak spots, their strengths etc etc. blah blah.. We are going to go there anyways, clan or no clan.

The only game I ever mastered was Q3A. That game just suits me at an integral level. It was my flesh and blood for two years. I reached a stage where I was quakecon material (too much?) but then it all ended abruptly :(.

Quake 3 is a beautiful game, graphics wise, gameplay wise and code wise too. It is the only game which is able to boost my concentration to incredible levels, and bring my reaction times to near 0. Even the subconscious part of my brain kicks in to execute the so called "Impossible Rails" and the "Air Rockets". Till the last 6 months (of the 2 years) I never kept track of the mega and armor timings, but when the opponents started timing them, I was facing something on a different level. In the beginning I considered it unfair, but later realized, its one of the most widely spread habits in quaking. After some practice I was able to time them perfectly, and no one had an 'unfair' advantage over me.

My greatest strength in quake is not my ability to concentrate nor my nanosec reaction times, every good player has those, rather Its my Speed! I'm incredibly fast, contrary to what I am in real life, but still I'm extremely fast. Beacuse of that I could easily escape when I had to and attack when I wanted to. People watching my game were always amazed to see how fast I moved through the maps.

When quake gained momentum around the end of my 1st year @ IITD, we organized CTF tourneys between the 4th yearites and the rest of the college, the clans were named "The High Ones" and "ROID" (Rest of IIT Delhi) respectively. Those games were awesome, in the end the High ones won the series. Then, I & DzzL were the fastest in the team, so we had to get the enemy flag no matter what, we were literally the "Bali ka Bakras", but we always managed to get the flag. Our base was defended by Scorpion, one of the best quakers in IITD and the only one in IITD whom I coudn't beat in a duel.

The high ones made a video on those games to commemorate their victory and named it "The ROID wars". Its the Awesome-est video you'll ever see. They also had an uncut version of the video, wherein they dedicated a whole 4 minutes to rape me, showing off my most embarrasing weakness, my compulsive desire to get teh power-ups and getting fragged unnecessarily. It starts after the original video, the credits come half way and roll back, to start my rape with title as "THESID AS KENNY" (ROFL!). They had a dual display there, one side with southpark clippings, the ones where kenny dies and the other side showing me getting fragged in the most ludicrous ways. I never felt humiliated, not even once, instead, I was happy coz it was only about me and no one else, special. The reason behind all this may been the fact that I was the only 1st yearite in both the clans combined or maybe coz I was plumpy. Thank you Zodd and m8al!

Oh! I almost forgot! I never knew what southpark was before the video, I didnt know kenny, I didnt know he dies in every episode, nothing, but still it was funny. That video was the sole reason I started following soutpark.

I miss all that action, its been nine months since my last game. I don't regret coz it had to end at some point. I just miss all that buzz thats all.

Quote of the Day :

Stan: Jimmy, can you tell Wendy that shes a continous source of inspiration?
Jimmy (to wendy): Stan says that your a cunt-cunt-cunt-cunt....
Wendy: Well tell Stan to F*CK OFF! (walks away)
Jimmy: A continous s-source of inspiration.

3 comments:

TH said...

Good luck! kick some ass!

p.s.don't preach!

m8al said...

hey sid,
it wasnt 'cause you were plumpy or 'cause you were the youngest of the lot... it was because we were assholes. good to see that you took it well. i miss the quaking days too... and preach goddamn it preach few have earned the right to preach about Q3A and you are one of them.

I keep coming to your blog for the "quote of the day" you see, south park is a cunt cunt cunt... to me. keep posting.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Carven skin care products Kitchen faucets with sprayers mazda of cerritos 1 bingo chips game victorian faucet carmenfacial or sauna 1988 nissan 300zx Past fantasy 5# winning numbers for california How wellbutrin xl works texan latinas Blackjack game download Cheap calling cards to ethiopia Romantic transvestite grohe bath faucets