Sunday, March 05, 2006

Double Paranoia

Two days ago, while I was in a deep deep sleep after a nightout at Blitzkreig, my mom comes running to me, wakes me up and asks me where I did put the cover with the Sony Clie and the iPod headphones. I said "what?", then she said "its gone! I cant find it", at that moment I thought she was using her 'scare you about things you love' tricks to wake me up. i didnt respond, quietly went back to sleep. (She frequently uses those trick on me and my sis and they really work. For example she comes to me and says "Hey, Why is the laptop making strange electric sounds?" and I jump up no matter how badly I needed sleep. cruel! :(.) I was too busy to bother about the clie at that time.

Yesterday, I got a brand new iPod as a replacement for my old dead one, I needed the headphones, but they were nowhere to be found. I asked mom and she said, "I told you! You lost them somewhere!". WTF! my brain went blank. I was so busy the last three days I didnt have time to worry about anything other than sleep and gaming. We argued for a while, and then she concludes that I took the cover along with the bag with LAN cables I took for Blitzkreig. Again, WTF! and I argued back telling her that the cover had nothing related to Blitzkreig and I didn't even know it was on the office table. Arguments continued throughout the day. At one point I lost trust in myself and called up people at blitzkreig to search for a cover with a clie and HPs. No result. I lost hope and settled with the assumption that someone stole it. My luck was so bad that day, losing hope wasn't the end. "They were stolen" posed a serious security threat! My dad was all fired up. I was pissed but could do nothing.

I decided to conduct an extensive search. The entire ground flood was upsode down, it was nowhere to be found. Next up was my room, I straight away went to the place where I put my mobo accessories, I pulled out a small cover from there and to my surprise. That was it! it had the clie and the HP's.! But how the hell did they end up there?. My mom? No, coz she was searching all over the place with me. Dad? No, he would tell me to take them away rather than put them there himself. Me? No I was dead busy, all I did was come home around 5 in the morning and sleep. Granny? No. climing up the stairs is a difficult task for her. Sis? Yes! She and her habit of keeping things clean and arranged!! Man! x(. This was not the 1st time, It was a USB mouse once, headphones recently.. cds.. etc etc. I had nothing to say, I just showed my mom the cover and told her where I found them and even she figured out what happened. No one could say anything, she's having her board exams.

Ah! and Apple support rox!! My shuffle was dead, I needed it desperately as the bus journey to the college was boring. I browsed throught the apple asia site and found two authorized service centers. I then called one and inquired on what the procedure was to get the iPod repaired. They then gave me the apple toll free customer support number. This was the tough part, the people at apple support center made me try and repair the shuffle all by myself, restarted the comp 3 times installed and uninstalled iTunes and iPod updater 4-5 times. After almost an hour of troubleshooting, when nothing worked they gave me a service number and asked me to take the ipod to the local service center and give them the number. I did as told and 3 days later I get a brand new iPod! Awesome!! /me hugs Apple.

No comments: