Saturday, December 24, 2005

Blues..

Ever since monster (my pc :D) brokedown, every small problem started pissing me off! The other day, I bought the december issue of Chip where in they listed the best hardware products of 2005, As soon as I got the book home I started reading that part of the mag, I finished reading the 1st review I was like 'WTF! where are the Ratings and prices?". Stupid people, instead of mentioning the price and dealer infomation at the end of each review, they printed "Reviewed in September, Standalone H/w Review", I have no idea why they did that but that completely destroyed the whole purpose of the article.

Recently Firefox has started poking me too. It randomly corrupts its profile folder and everything gets screwed, all toobar placements, bookmars, search plugins are gone! I googled for such similar issues but the only solution found was to backup the profile folder frequently. The worst part is, its very unpredictable, sometimes happens when I install a new extension, or when updating existing ones or just restarting it (I like firefox coz of its extensions feature, really makes browsing a bliss). Finally, since I couldn't find any proper fix for this, I resorted to using BackupFox to backup my profile folder frequently. Sometimes this happens so many times that I had to put the backupfox shortcut in ma quick launch bar!!!.

Coming back to Monster, ever since I installed the GF6800GT I have been facing HDD problems. My 80s are badly screwed, and the 160s are barely holding up. They are still under warranty though. I have to get them replaced asap or buy new ones, o/w I may go crazy. I believe the SMPS is the main culprit, My mobo has DPS2( Dual Power System ), so its really tolerant to power supply discrepancies, the only ones exposed are the hdds and the gfx. The GFX card needs 19Amps on the 12V rail and my smps can supply only ..... 10!!! :((( . ( gay ass Adcom, its a 400w smps ffs). I also formulated another hypothesis, which states "Any CPU with heavily trashed hdds, when kept near a significantly strong magnetic-field, will get screwed no matter what." where Any CPU.... is monster and the siginificantly strong mag field is the UPS.
I'm still investigating into what exactly happened with monster and why.

Quote of the day :

Cartman: Oh, oh, Jesus. I was laughing so hard--the milk came out of my nose.
Stan: Dude, you weren't drinking any milk.
Cartman: Huh?
Stan: You have to be drinking milk for that to happen.
Cartman: Not with me, man.

No comments: